Wednesday, September 3, 2008

At Sleeping Bear Again

Well, it seems I never get enough of the Sleeping Bear. I was up on Sleeping Bear Point on two consecutive mornings this past weekend and the atmosphere couldn't have been much more different on those mornings. Morning one was heavy with fog and dew.






















Thousands of spider webs that are all but invisible in dry conditions glowed with strings of water droplets. The fog hung in the valleys creating a strong depth to the landscape. The heavy seed heads bent the dune grasses in graceful arcs as if they were rolling waves.



Morning two was clear and bright with a gentle warm breeze. I found myself just wanting to sit and meditate rather than work at creating art. I sat at the top of a dune and just observed, thanking God for an incredible place to be at a glorious moment.

If you are ever at the dunes don't miss the opportunity to be up on Sleeping Bear Point at sunrise. I know it's not your favorite thing to do on vacation — getting up so early, but it is worth it!